William Winston “Bill” Carter - March 23, 2015
Bill went home to be with the Lord at the age of 93. A memorial service was held March 26th.
A child of the Great Depression, hero and survivor of the War, educated and educator, industry leader, tireless community servant, father and family patriarch, giving and caring, a godly man who loved the Lord - Bill Carter was a good man who lived a good life, and he is one of the reasons his generation is the Greatest Generation.
In lieu of flowers the family suggests donations to the First Presbyterian Church, 1100 S. Harrison, Amarillo 79101; Texas Wounded Warrior Project Foundation, 4301 Fillbrook Lane, Tyler, TX 75707, or a favorite charity. Bill was President of PPROA from 1971-1972.
View the March Pipeline newsletter:
Do you use Facebook? Please like the PPROA page!
The Panhandle Producers & Royalty Owners Association is an advocate for oil and gas producers, mineral royalty owners and industry support companies in the Texas panhandle, western Oklahoma and southwestern Kansas. Association advocacy is both proactive and responsive and includes:
- Providing resources and contacts for member education and training
- Representation before local, statewide and national governmental bodies and their leaders
- Representation before civic and service organizations, media and schools
- Facilitation of member networking opportunities
- Disbursement of industry information to members